An Interview with Susan Taylor

This time we meet my good friend Susan Taylor 'Susie' from the South of England


1.How do you describe yourself, (crossdresser, transvestite, trans gender) ?

Labels actually don’t bother me to much as I think of myself as being me, I suppose if a label was to be attached transgender would be it.

2. How long have you been crossdressing?

I started later in life it was about 2002 it all started with a bit of fooling around in the bedroom which grew over the next 6-8 years which after realising what I was answered a few of the feelings from younger times  

3. Acceptance was for me, the turning point, once I had accepted who I was my life changed. What about you? When did acceptance come to you, how did it change your life and outlook regarding crossdressing?

It was about 10 years ago and reading other trans blogs and stories that I realised what I was, or at least realised I was not alone or a freak in the way I felt. The biggest acceptance was when my wife accompanied me on a weekend away, although 2 girls travelling we were never going to be travelling light

4. Have you ever considered transition? Would you consider it in the future?

A difficult thing to say, at the moment I am quite happy being in both modes although after a week the feminine feelings get stronger and stronger, in respect to my wife and daughter who know about me I will not be going any further

5. You seem very confident when dressed, but how do you really feel?

When I am dressed in my preferred mode, I am so much more confident, and yet not had any bad experiences. When I am getting dressed, I feel a calmness come over me getting stronger until the final item of clothing or makeup is done, with the squirt of a little perfume the ultimate feeling of calm descends 

6. I know you get out and about, tell us where you like to go, what you like to do? (No specific locations)  

Out and about, I just love doing normal things like shopping, out for dinner, or clubs and bars. I love going to functions that require dressing up the ultimate feminine attire. 
I do go regularly to Surrey Swans it was the first place I ventured out to, it helped me to overcome my nerves I haven’t really looked back since
Meet regularly friends for a drink it’s so nice to sit and chat about life 

7. How do you feel when you've been out?

On a HIGH

8. Do you have a favourite outfit? Describe it and explain why you like it so much.

I just love wearing long dresses or jumpsuits and high heels, love the way they look and feel

9. Us girls love heels; do you have a favourite pair? 

It’s got to be my rash purchase of a pair of Jimmy Choo heels

10. What are your thoughts on ‘Passing'?

On passing I always try to dress appropriate for the event or activity, if I go shopping on my own or with my wife I try to wear what all other women do which means blending in trousers and sensible shoes or boots in winter and summery skirt or white  jeans and sandals. Whether I pass or not for me the most important thing is to be accepted for who I am

11. Have you ever 'Purged' if so how did you feel after?

I have never needed or wanted to purge,  only get rid of clothes etc that don’t fit, or the odd item that when home I look at and wonder why I even thought it would look good in the first place 

12. Would you like to live full time as a woman?

One can dream!

13. Can you ever stop?

No I can’t stop it’s something so deep in me that dressing regularly and going out keeps me sane

14. Have you or would you use a 'dressing/makeup' service? 

After my first outing I went to Femesque a dressing service for a complete makeover and lesson, the one most important thing I did. They helped me with prep, foundation and all other things with makeup and also breast forms and wigs, getting to know what looks best with an expert has helped me to develop my look. I never need them for clothes as my wife is my biggest critique and will not let me out in the big world if I don’t look right

15. Who knows about your crossdressing?

My wife the most important person, and my daughter knows but at this time wishes not to see an image of me.

16. If you could have one wish, what would it be?

If I could have one wish I would be torn between real boobies or not having to shave ever again

17. Where do you see your life going from here?


As long as I get Susie time and weekends away with friends and my wife I am so happy that nothing will change

I would like to thank Susie for taking the time and trouble to answer my questions

The image of Susie is with the permission of Susan Taylor, it remains her copyright and is reproduced with her permission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding

Stephanie's bra fitting

Being Visible