Is it all bad? Part Two

 In my last post I discussed some of the rhetoric that is around at the moment and the effect it is having on the Trans movement as a whole. It would be easy to assume that a Trans Woman going out into the world would be a journey fraught with difficulties and no doubt this fear has put some off venturing out into the wider world. Let's be honest you have to have your whits about you and be sensible where you go, but as I recently discovered all is not bad as some would have us think and you can have a very pleasurable experience out there in the real world.

Pink heels!

A couple of weeks ago I met up with my lady friend Jen for a three day break. After meeting up
and having a coffee we booked into the hotel where we were to stay for three nights. That night we elected to eat in the hotel restaurant, so once ready we met in the hotel bar for a drink before our meal. I wore a white floral dress, with pink jacket and pink heels. Normally I shy away from wearing  four inch stiletto heels when going out having had trouble in the past resulting in the ignominy of having to walk back to the hotel with my heels in my hand! But as we were staying in the hotel I decided to give it a try and had no problem at all.  We had a lovely meal and great service, the waiter even complimented me on my perfume (Opium by Yves Saint Laurent), which made me feel even happier.....

The following day we had a trip out to the British Motor Museum at Gaydon in Warwickshire, it was a fabulous day, we interacted with a number of people and generally had a very pleasant time. Jan very kindly took a photo of me beside FAB1 the pink six wheel car from the 2004 live action film Thunderbirds. That evening we chose to visit a Steak House which is situated next door to the hotel, another lovely evening, although wearing block heels this time as the path to the restaurant is somewhat uneven so I decided stiletto's were not a good idea. This time my beaded black dress was the chosen option, again we had a fabulous meal and I have to say the waitress was lovely, very happy and bubbly she looked after us very well and we returned to the hotel very happy indeed. 

FAB1 from 2004 film Thunderbirds



Outfit I was  wearing at the retail park
The following day we decided that some retail therapy was needed so we went off to the local retail park. Another lovely time, we spent quite a lot of money but were very pleased with our purchases. Whilst standing in a queue at M&S a lady walked passed and commented on my outfit, "Loving the grey" she said referring to my grey shawl that I was wearing. It felt so lovely to get a fabulous comment out of the blue from a woman..... We enjoyed our shopping but stayed slightly too long in the car park and I was later presented with a £60 fine for over staying the four hour parking limit by eleven minutes......









Green Roman Originals dress
That evening we went to the steak house again for our evening meal, I had intended to wear a long blue dress, but had a slight wardrobe malfunction and was not happy with the look so changed to a Roman Originals green sparkly dress. In the hotel foyer as we were on our way out, one of the staff remarked on how nice we looked and wished us a lovely night. At the restaurant we enjoyed a G&T before dinner, when we were being shown to our table the young lady first commented on how lovely the colour of my dress was and then said that the waitress that served us the previous night wanted to look after us again because she enjoyed serving us. Getting such lovely comments made me feel very happy. Once seated out waitress arrived and said "First of all I'm loving the sparkles, what a fabulous dress", again what a wonderful comment to get, it made a great night even better. We had a lovely meal and our waitress was so lovely chatting to us and smiling all the time.










There are lots of things that need to be sorted out in our world of transgenderism, that will never happen with abusive social media posts, ridiculous demands, point scoring and politics. What is needed is sensible debate based on genuine research with reasonable people in a constructive and informative way. Back in the real world, away from the politics and sniping, most people don't seem to care one way or the other if someone is Trans. The best thing we can do is be out in the world, meet people, present in the best way you can and show the world we are decent people. If my experience is anything to go by it will be a most pleasurable experience, unless of course you over stay at the retail park by eleven minutes.........




Comments

  1. The floral dress and pink jacket is a lovely outfit. You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stephanie's bra fitting

A wedding

Being Visible