Christmas for the Crossdresser

Christmas is a great time of the year, true it can be stressful in the run up to the big day but in the end most of us enjoy the Christmas period. However for a crossdresser it can also be a very difficult time. I, like many crossdressers, do not have universal approval from my family so it will not be possible for me to dress as I would like to, not only on Christmas day itself but for around three weeks over the festive period. 

As Andrea I do get out once a month and also have some time to be me at home, which compared with many is a fortunate place to be, but as Christmas is such a special time I have always dreamed of wearing my favourite dress and heels during this time, maybe not on Christmas Day itself but on one day at this time of year. Unfortunately that is just not going to happen due to family commitments and other circumstances. Now many would say I am already very lucky being able to enjoy my regular outings, and I would agree, but being without Andrea for three weeks or so during a time when everyone is having fun is not easy. When I am out and about as Andrea I always have a lot of fun, mostly because this is when I feel I am the real me, the person I want to be and as such really relaxed and happy. That is not the case when I am in male mode, yes I am happy enough, at least to outsiders, but within me often it is a very different case. I still have fun and enjoy the company of family and friends, but it's not the same sort of fun I have when out as Andrea, that is a much more intense and satisfying experience. 

This situation, as far as I am concerned is unavoidable so I just have to deal with it, but it can be difficult at times and that can make me seem remote and uninterested. I don't mean to be this way of course, but I know I come over that way at times. My choice of action to minimise the effects of what I suppose is Gender Dysphoria, is to immerse  my self in on online  conversations with like minded people, look at friends on Flickr, write in my journal and of course write this stuff! There must be many girls up and down the country, and indeed all over the world who are in a similar situation. The thing is, this time of the year is for families and that must take priority over what ever I might wish or feel, the family is to the most important thing in my life. Ultimately I always enjoy my Christmas, in the past in spite of big problems (not crossdressing related) I have always managed in the end to have a great time, and the same will happen this year. I will put my personal needs aside and just get on with the business of Christmas.

So what ever your personal situation I sincerely hope you have a fabulous Christmas, because I know I will.......

Comments

  1. I think that the family Christmas can be like the family do. Both can be joyous and oddly restrictive due to roles and traditions.

    I hope you have a good time and that the new year is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynn, you are quite right joyous and restrictive is a good description. I sincerely hope you have a great Christmas and a fabulous time in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding

Stephanie's bra fitting

Being Visible