Friendship

We all have friends, some more the others perhaps, but we all have friends, people we have met along the way that we enjoy seeing and being in their company. But for a closeted crossdresser, as I was for many years, finding a friend that you can share the crossdressing side of your life with can be very difficult. Most of us turn to the internet in an effort to find someone who we can chat to, but of course as we all know that can be fraught with difficulties, not the least being certain the person you are talking to is who they claim to be. But if you can get past that real friendships can develop, and I have been very lucky to find some very good friends this way.

Sometimes a very special relationship can develop something much more special. A year or so ago I answered a post on an on line forum from a genetic lady, who I shall call Chris, she had recently discovered her partner was crossdressing. I offered to answer as many questions as I could, from my perspective of course, as I had never met her partner. The questions followed very quickly, so much that I had to break them down into sections and answer them a bit at a time. Even so each answer could often run into two pages. As the messages went to and fro we developed a friendship, that friendship grew and I realised I had found something very special, a true friend, someone I felt comfortable talking about  anything, things I had never discussed with anyone else. This was a special relationship, we both acknowledged it as such, one of those special friendships that only come once in a lifetime. I felt blessed that at last I had found a very special friend. Now dear reader, in case you are getting the wrong impression, this was a pure friendship, nothing more, a platonic relationship. 

So finding someone special on the internet is possible............... well yes it is, but in this case it didn't last. We had a special connection, and although we had been brought together by crossdressing, that was only part of the relationship that developed. Then the gaps between me sending an email and receiving a answer grew, and grew until there was no reply at all. I sent her several messages but no reply. Then on Christmas day, I received an email from her, that meant a great deal to me, bearing in mind she had two children, sending a message during that very busy time surly meant the connection between us was still alive. Sadly it appears only momentarily as I have not heard from her since. I send the occasional email, always hoping her name will pop up in my in box but no it has not happened yet. I say yet because I sincerely believe we will meet again sometime, the friendship and the connection is still there, stalled at the moment perhaps but it's still there. 

We have a connection that may be broken, but that connection is why our friendship grew, I don't know what it is, but there is something that drew us together as friends when we both needed help. Just why the connection between us blossomed the way it did, I don't know, after all I never met her face to face, we never even talked on the phone. Perhaps that was the problem, if there had been a physical connection, going for a coffee, a drink in the evening or just talking on the phone, perhaps, just perhaps the relationship would have continued. Perhaps all relationships only become 'real' when there is a physical connection, not just through emails, I don't know. On reading this you may think I've got it wrong, friendships grow and then fade away all the time, that's the cycle of life. But this was different as I felt able to talk to Chris about things that I had never talked about to anyone else before or since. She knows more about me than anyone on the planet! I could only do that because we had that magical connection, a connection that may not be complete at the present time but I believe will reconnect some day.

What, dear reader, can we learn from this, some would say a friendship on the 'net is not a real friendship, well that could be right, but I believe differently, real friends are out there, all you have to do is find them. But, as always, with the internet, you have to be careful. A true friend is always a friend, that friendship may be interrupted but it's always there. So never give up on a friend, and if you are lucky enough to find that very special friendship look after it and nurture it, the rewards are enormous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding

Stephanie's bra fitting

Being Visible