Interview with Sandy Dupont


This our second interview with a crossdresser, features Sandy Dupont who is from the West of England


1.How do you describe yourself, (crossdresser, transvestite, trans gender) ?

   Crossdresser.  I sometimes use the term Transgender but because the term can also apply to trans-sexuals (which I am not) I prefer to use the CD term as it describes me better.

2. How long have you been crossdressing?

   Most of my life to some extent.  I know that I first started dabbling when I was 5 or 6 years old.  Since then the desire to dress has come and gone but never gone away completely.  It has become more intense over the last ten years or so.

3. Acceptance was for me, the turning point, once I had accepted who I was my life changed. What about you? When did acceptance come to you, how did it change your life and outlook regarding crossdressing?

   I don't think I have ever had a problem with acceptance as I have never felt guilty about it and have always enjoyed it.  The one moment of revelation for me was when I first started exploring CD websites and chat sites and realised how many shared my feelings and my story.  That did change me because it broadened my horizons and suddenly I wanted to meet other girls and go out dressed.

4. Have you ever considered transition? Would you consider it in the future?

  I've thought about it many times but have concluded that it's not for me.  I love being a CD and having two sides to my character, male and female.  To transition would be to deny my male side, and probably many of my friends.  It can also be a long and painful process. I don't even want to live full-time as a woman, even if my family and friends were to accept that.

5. You seem very confident when dressed, but how do you really feel?

  Good question!  It depends where I am.  I love being dressed as you know and if I'm looking good then I feel confident in myself.  The one thing that I am nervous about is the potential for being outed.  So at events like Pink Punters I feel very confident.  I would feel much more nervous about being out in general public though.  One day I will do that but it will need another step up in courage.




6. Have you been out and about? If so where? (no specific locations) 


  Only a few times including quiet walks in the country, driving, a makeover in London and, of course, a night out at an LGBT club.

7. How do you feel when you've been out?

   Exhilarated.  Pleased that I have had the courage and strength to do it.  More committed and comfortable with the CD lifestyle.

8. Do you have a favourite outfit? Describe it and explain why you like it so much.

   Very much so although my favourite can change from time to time.  Right now I have a slim fitting patterned dress with short sleeves.  I love elegant, feminine clothes and (if you'll forgive my immodesty) clothes that show off my fairly decent figure.  For that reason I also like short skirts and dresses as long as they are not too tarty.

9. Us girls love heels, do you have a favourite pair? 

  Absolutely!  I have a pair of animal print courts with 4" stiletto heels.  I love them because they are sexy, fit well and are as comfortable as 4" heels are ever likely to be (which is not very!)

10. What are your thoughts on 'Passing'?

   The holy grail.  When I am out I want to be as feminine and attractive as possible and although I know I will never be Miss World, I do want to be reasonably passable.  This is not just how I am dressed and made up of course.  Walking, mannerisms and expression are also just as important.  Of course, I realise that I'm not going to fool anyone for long, particularly not if I open my mouth, but if I can create an impression of femininity, attract some admiring glances, particularly with my fellow CDs then I am very happy.

11. Have you ever 'Purged' if so how did you feel after?

   No, never.  I have never felt guilty or ashamed about dressing and I've never been afraid that someone would find my stash, so I have never felt the need to purge and I hope I never will.

12. Would you like to live full time as a woman?

     No.  Again, I have thought about it lots and at times it can seem attractive, but as I said earlier I like and am comfortable with my male side as well as my female side.  So I am happiest living as I do.  

13. Can you ever stop?

    No, not ever, never!  Even if somehow I was prohibited from dressing I know I would be thinking about it all of the time.

14. Have you or would you use a 'dressing/makeup' service? 

    Yes I have used one and it was wonderful.  This was at a time when I had never been out dressed, never been seriously made up and didn't possess a wig.  So it was the first time that I had physically been with anybody while dressed and when the makeover person (a GG) was finished it was the first time I had really seen what Sandy could look like.  It was an emotional moment.  It was also three hours of just chatting and being pampered by a lovely, friendly and totally accepting person.  For girls just trying to find their way in the CD world I'd recommend a makeover.  They are not cheap but they are a safe and secure way to learn about dressing and make up, what styles work, getting comfortable with other people while dressed and just enjoying yourself.

15. Who knows about your crossdressing?

     I am deep in the closet so none of my family, friends or work colleagues know.  I don't know how sustainable that is and one day I may come out either by choice or by discovery, but for the time being I have no immediate plans to change the situation.

16. If you could have one wish, what would it be?

    Can I have two?
    1)  For my wife to know, accept and be happy for me to go out dressed so that I didn't have to deceive her
    2)  A full head of my own stylable hair

17. Where do you see your life going from here?

    I don't forsee major changes.  I would like to continue as I am, but get out dressed a bit more, see a bit more of my GFs.  The one possible change, as hinted above, would be to come out to my wife.

I would like to thank Sandy for taking the time to answer the questions and sharing her thoughts with us. 

Photography curtesy and copyright Sandy Dupont

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding

Stephanie's bra fitting

Being Visible