Book Review - Dangerous Crossing by Rachel Rhys

 I have to say straight away this is not normally the sort of book I would normally read, had I seen it on the shelf in the bookshop I probably would have just passed it by. However this book was recommended by Dawn Wyvern in her blog and suggested it had a transgender element to it, so I just had to give it a go. 

Form page one this is a book I did not want to put down, it tells the story of a young lady's journey on a ship from England to Australia in 1939 just at the point of the outbreak of war. The author describes in excellent detail the lead character (Lilly) her fellow passengers, the ship and the places that are visited in such a way I felt I was there with them. It also gives an insight into the class structure and the way people lived their lives all those years ago. I won't tell you the plot or where the transgender element appears as the would spoil the book, but I will say this is definitely a book you should read. Don't read it for the transgender element, read it because it is a very good book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding

Stephanie's bra fitting

Being Visible